"HABITAT FOR HUMANITY CRITICAL HOME REPAIR"
Across the USA in Several States.
"Falls are a leading cause of injury and death. Each year one in three adults over the age of 65 falls. Half of falls happens at home."
-source: Centers for Disease Control, news14.com
"Habitat for Humanity Critical Home Repair" Program provides urgent and major home repairs to prevent homeowners from suffering injury and falls, accidents or having to move out of their homes and into assisted living.
Low cost home repairs can be made through an interest-free loan and may include:
Home Weatherization- to be more energy efficiency
Home Preservation - repairs to flooring, plumbing, electric, and roof
Critical Home Repairs – serious repair issues and home structural problems
Rehab – full overhaul rehab job on home
Home owner requirements are that they must have property taxes paid in full, are not in danger of a foreclosure on their home, homeowner must own and live in the home, tax assessment building value cannot exceed $100,000.
Other home repair work may include:
-Fixing broken windows
-Other health and safety home repairs
*The "Habitat for Humanity Critical Home Repair" Program is not to be used for emergency repair purposes.
"Habitat for Humanity" and "The Home Depot Foundation" offer the "Repair Corps for Veterans" Program that remodels and renovates the homes of U.S. military veterans. Qualifications include:
- Any U.S. veteran with an honorable, or general, discharge is eligible
- Verification of discharge status is required
- Program is not available to widows or widowers of veterans
- Active-duty military and military families are not eligible
- Rental properties do not qualify for this program
- The owner need not be the veteran, but the veteran must be living in the home as his or her primary residence
- Projects may include Habitat homes, provided a qualified veteran resides in the home
- Meet the income guidelines outlined in the application/brochure
- Be unable to complete home repairs otherwise due to age, disability, or circumstance
- Possess current homeowner's insurance
WATCH VIDEO on How "Habitat for Humanity Critical Home Repair" Program Works for Helping the Elderly
MORE PROGRAMS LIKE THIS ONE:
-More Home Modification and Home Repair Assistance Programs