"CHAI BALTIMORE SENIOR HOME REPAIR" PROGRAM
CHAI's Senior Home Repair Program helps seniors with low to moderate income seniors and those who have physical disabilities with home repairs assistance, adaptations, maintenance and home modifications to ensure elderly safety at home.
Senior homeowners may qualify for some of the below repairs including:
-Roof repair, gutter and chimney repairs
-Plumbing and electrical work
-Railing installation, grab bars and other bathroom modifications
Senior applicants must qualify for home repair assistance which is based upon household income guidelines.
Comprehensive Housing Assistance (CHAI) of Baltimore also runs the "Weatherization Assistance" Program which helps secure homes for the winter and summer months. It includes free services such as:
• Safety testing for furnaces and boilers
• Cleaning and tuning of heating systems
• Sealing and insulation duct work
• Water heater and pipe insulation
• Door weather strips and sweeps
• High efficiency compact fluorescent light bulb installation
• Low flow shower heads and faucet aerators installation
Comprehensive Housing Assistance (CHAI) is also responsible for "Weinberg Senior Living" which provides affordable senior housing apartments for elderly and others with disabilities. The organization also administers housing grants and loans, senior housing counseling and workshops along with financial literacy education.
WATCH VIDEO ON HOW "CHAI BALTIMORE SENIOR PROGRAMS" WORK