"BEING WITH DYING TRAINING" PROGRAM
"The (Being With Dying) training covers core issues related to dying, death, and grieving; ethical issues in end-of-life care and training in the communication of difficult news; community building around dying persons and relationship-centered care; Neuroscience, Self-Care, Capacity Building, and Resilience training; approaches to psychological and spiritual care of the dying; the relationship between pain and suffering; peri-death phenomena; and care of the caregiver."
The "Being with Dying Training" Program is also referred to as “Being with Dying: Professional Training Program in Contemplative End-of-Life Care.”
The training is designed to introduce trainees in the palliative care feild to innovative approaches in the psycho-social, ethical, spiritual aspects of care of the dying and covers:
* Ethical, spiritual, psychological, and social aspects of care of the dying
* Exploration of neuroscientific basis of contemplative interventions
* Community-building around dying persons and relationship-centered care
* Cross-cultural issues related to dying
* Exploration of pain, suffering, and peri-death phenomena
* Care of the caregiver
* Strategies to support those who are grieving
* Contemplative approaches to care of the dying and their families
* Implementation of psycho-social and spiritual content into conventional medical settings
The "Being with Dying Training" Program curriculum was developed by Dr. Joan Halifax, and has been taught in hundreds of medical and educational institutions around the world, including in Western and Eastern Europe, Canada, the Americas and Middle East, Asia, and the United States.
WATCH VIDEO OF HOW "BEING WITH DYING TRAINING" PROGRAM WORKS