"BARNET CARE AND REPAIR HOME IMPROVEMENT AGENCY" PROGRAM
Program DescriptionThe “Barnet Care and Repair Home Improvement Agency” Program helps elderly "stay put" in their own homes with:
- Benefit entitlement helping apply for any benefits that elderly may be entitled to
- Advising what home modifications, repairs and home improvements are necessary to make a home safe
- A specification and plan for the modifications or repair work
- Quotes from contractors and home builders and oversee the the work until completed
- Trusted and Known Contractors that the Barnet Care and Repair Home Improvement Agency has used in the past
- Referring elderly to a handyperson service and occupational therapy team, energy efficiency schemes and security schemes for warmer and more energy efficient homes
- Apply for grants and other financial assistance
- Disabled facilities grant applications to elderly or disabled persons to adapt their homes to make them more suitable to changing needs.
- Decent Homes Grant applications for vulnerable home owners who are unable to pay for repairs and improvements
- Minor Works Grants for security
The “Barnet Care and Repair Home Improvement Agency” Program provides elderly with Home fire safety through the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority who make home visits to elderly and offer advice on how to make homes safer and possibly install free smoke alarms if required. Priority is given to elderly living alone, or anyone with mobility, vision and hearing impairment.
Many of the “Barnet Care and Repair Home Improvement Agency” services are provided for free, other work will be discussed before hand, or possibly be covered by a grant.
Care and Repair Home Improvment Agencies in United Kingdom UK
Care and Repair Cymru Home Improvements for Elderly and Disabled Scotland - Offers independent advice and assistance to help elderly or disabled homeowners repair, improve or adapt their homes so that they can live in comfort and safely in their own community. Scotland, United Kingdom, UK.
Care and Repair Cymru Home Improvements for Elderly and Disabled
Care & Repair Cymru Wales - The "Older People's Housing Champion" is a national charity working to ensure that elderly are living safely in their homes that are still meeting their physical needs. Home improvement assistance and support is provided to elderly. In Wales, United Kingdom
Foundations National Body for Home Improvement Agency -An organization that groups together home improvement agencies, which aim to assist vulnerable, elderly, disabled or low-income homeowners to modify, repair, or adapt their homes so that they may live more independently with dignity. Also known as Care and Repair or Staying Put Schemes. England, United Kingdom UK.
Houseproud Home Improvement Program - A not-for-profit staying put scheme helping coordinate home improvements, home repairs and adaptations to homes of elderly in the England, United Kingdom UK
Care and Repair Leicester Program - Home improvement agency that helps elderly or disabled persons to repair, maintain or adapt their homes through a housing advisor visit and support during contractor work. Home repairs and modifications allow elderly to "stay put" or "age in place" and avoid moving into long-term care facilities. Leicester, England. United Kingdom UK
Care and Repair Manchester Program - Assists elderly in home improvement, home modifications, helps them assess options, obtain finance and supports them through the repair process. So they can "stay put" or "age in place" and avoid moving into long-term care facilities. Manchester, England, United Kingdom UK
Bishop Creighton House Care and Repair Program - A home improvement agency providing support for elderly or the disabled helping them maintain their independence and remain in their own homes or "stay put" for as long as possible. London, England, United Kingdom UK
Mears's Home Improvement Agency Services Program - Through the use of home repairs, aids, home adaptations, home improvements agencies can empower elderly individuals to live independently at home. England, United Kingdom UK
FOLD Staying Put Home Improvement Program - The "FOLD-Staying Put Home Improvement" Program is similar to a care and repair or home improvement agency that helps elderly and those with disabilities by offering free practical advice and support to adapt their homes through the Housing Executive Grants Scheme. Ireland. United Kingdom, UK.