THE LOVE PROJECT
NSW Ministry of Health.
“Our LGBTI elders are anxious about financial instability, housing unaffordability and fear of losing friendships and community as a result of isolation. Financial disadvantage is impacted by discrimination in employment.”
The LOVE Project works to ensure that older adults in LGBTI communities experience equitable access to aging and aged care services.
The LOVE Project provides health community programs and services for the older adult LGBTQ communities including:
- Support Services - counselling, case management, peer support and referral service.
- Socializing – reducing social isolation through social connections, events and activities, sharing stories and experiences
- Policy, Advocacy and Social Marketing.
- Health Related Research Projects – cancer, neurocognitive and HIV and more.
- Housing – safe affordable housing.
- Healthy Aging – awareness and information.
ACON’s LOVE Project partners with All The Queens Men to host a monthly dance club for LGBTI older adults to help provide an inclusive space to connect and decrease feelings of loneliness and social isolation.
LGBT Senior Housing and Assisted Living Programs
Watch LGBT Senior Documentaries
WATCH VIDEO ON LGBTQ OLDER ADULTS
WATCH VIDEO ON LBGTQ ELDERS DANCE CLUB