"ASSISTED LIVING FEDERATION OF AMERICA (ALFA) SENIOR LIVING BY DESIGN AWARDS" PROGRAM
Across the USA.
Companies such as design firms and senior living providers can be considered for the ALFA Senior Living By Design Awards Program by submitting reasons why their project advances excellence in senior living design and supports senior resident choice, senior independence, and dignity.
A panel of judges chooses the award winners.
The ALFA Senior Living By Design Awards recognizes unique senior housing design and also addresses trends influencing the future of senior living.
ALFA Senior Living By Design Awards Categories include the following areas:
- Preparing for More Senior Residents with Greater Needs.
- Serving as a Resource to Local Health Care Providers.
- Equipping Senior Living Staff with Mobile Technology.
- Honoring the Life of a Resident Following His or Her Death.
- Encouraging New Resident Engagement.
- Reducing Accidents, Senior Resident and Staff Injury in Senior Living.
- Supporting Families of Senior Residents During Transitional Times.
- Meaningful Resident Programs and Senior Activities to Create Purposeful Days.
- Investment in Leadership Development
- Environmentally sustainable Senior Living Facilities, Going Green, Saving Energy, Recycling and Expense Reduction.
- Innovating Lead Management Initiatives.
- Reducing Caregiver Turnover.
- A Taste of the Future: The Next Generation Dining Menu.
The Assisted Living Federation of America is an organization which advocates for senior living communities, seniors and their families.
Some of ALFA’s other programs include: The ALFA Senior Living Art Showcase, a senior art contest open to older adults living in assisted living communities, The ALFA Best of the Best Awards which recognize innovative new programs and services that are creating the future of senior living, Annual Advocacy Day between ALFA member companies and US Members of Congress, ALFA Heroes on the Hill Day and the Assisted Living Executive Magazine.