ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE RESOURCE CENTER
Long Island, New York.
“A Future Free from Alzheimer’s.”
The Alzheimer’s Disease Resource Center provides the following therapy, support, counseling, and training programs:
- Art Therapy Program - provides art therapy to individuals with Alzheimer’s or related dementia. Art therapy training is available to those working with individuals with dementia in assisted living, nursing and rehabilitation homes, veterans’ residences and other centers. Art is displayed in Art Exhibits featuring the work of Alzheimer’s artists.
- Music Therapy Program - allows people with dementia and their caregivers to participate to sing, dance and play hand-held percussion instruments.
- Equine Therapy Program – horses help provide dementia focused therapy in a natural setting. Participants are guided through gentle interactions, such as feeding and grooming allowing for verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Caregiver Training – practical caregiver training exercises for both professional caregivers and family caregivers.
- Assistance navigating the caregiving process.
- Support groups - for Alzheimer’s and other types of Dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Disease Resource Center provides information through a resource library and guides on the following topics:
-Assisted Living Facilities with Dementia Units.
-Elder Law Attorneys.
-Consultants Care Coordinators Family Advocates.
-Home Companion Agencies (Non Medical).
-Goods and Services.
-Licensed Home Health Care Agencies.
-Medical Model Adult Day Care Programs.
-Mental Health Professionals.
-Physicians and Medical Services.
-Skilled Nursing Facilities with Dementia Units.
-Social Model Adult Day Care Programs.
The Alzheimer’s Disease Resource Center provides grants to researchers who are advancing the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
Dementia, Alzheimer's Caregivers Programs
Memory Recall and Mind Fitness Programs
Dementia and Arts Programs
WATCH VIDEO ON ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE RESOURCE CENTER