WHATAge Options advocates for older adults so that they have access to home and community support services.
WHYSo that seniors can live with support, dignity and independence.
Advocacy for older adults includes:
- Letters to the editor and media campaigns.
- Minority outreach and coalition building among stakeholders.
- Public testimony.
- Presentations at community forums and events.
- Represents older adults to government officials, public and private agencies and organizations.
- Monitors and evaluates policies and programs which affect older adults.
- Undertakes a leadership role in helping communities throughout the plan to meet the needs of low-income minority older adults.
AgeOptions is a nonprofit organization connecting older adults and caregivers with resources and service and promotes independence for older persons in their own homes and communities.
Aging Awareness & Sensitivity Programs